Bird Hunting in Namibia, Africa is very popular.
Join us for the very best bird hunting safaris.
Interested in a bit of bird hunting to compliment your African plains game hunting safari? There may be a chance during the bird hunting season in Namibia, May through November, for some adrenaline charged African wingshooting, which we offer at no additional cost on a regular priced plains game hunt. The best time to hunt birds at Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris would be from July to mid-October.
Wingshooting safaris that do not include plains game hunting can be organized for groups of two to four shooters at a daily rate of $450 per person, which includes all birds shot. We are home to more than one of the world’s finest sporting birds such as Namaqua Sandgrouse, Doublebanded Sandgrouse, Burchell Sandgrouse, Laughing Doves and Cape Turtle Doves, in addition to Helmeted Guineafowl, Redbilled Francolin, Kurrichane Button Quail and Harlequin Quail. Even a skillful sportsman will be impressed with the sheer speed, agility and formidable number of worthy African game birds.
Bird Hunting Season
|Bird Hunting Season in Namibia by Species and Daily Quota per Hunter|
|Cape Turtle Dove/10|
|Helmeted Guinea Fowl/10|
Bird Hunting Price List Daily Rates US$ For 2020:
|Hunter Bird 2×1 – 2 Hunter with 1 Professional Hunter||$500/hunter|
|Guest (children under 12)||$90/guest|
|Arrival Day for Hunters and Guests||$125/person|
|Departure Day for Hunters and Guests||$125/person|
|Shotgun Rental (ammunition from $14 per box of 25 shells)||$35/day of use|
Daily Rates Include
- Ground transportation to and from Windhoek airport
- Services of Professional Hunter, tracker, driver, skinner
- Four wheel drive hunting vehicle
- Hunting license
- Hunting permit
- Wingshooting including all birds shot
- Transport of trophy birds to local taxidermist in Namibia
- Luxurious accommodations
- Daily services of chef, butler/bartender, maid and laundry
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Activities at Ozondjahe Safaris
Daily Rates Exclude
- Government tax of 15% on daily rates
- Dip pack, taxidermy and shipping of trophies
- Alcoholic beverages
- Excursions and tours outside of Ozondjahe Safaris
- Gratuities to camp staff